Spring is a special season for us. That's when we invite family and friends over to see the beautiful wildflowers in our backyard and to sample this tender juicy chicken.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Grill: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine seasoned salt and pepper; rub inside and outside of chicken. Place chicken on rotisserie rod on grill with a drip pan according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in broth and lemon juice.
- Pour into drip pan and place under chicken. Baste with sauce every 15 minutes for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Additional broth may be added to basting sauce if necessary.
Nutrition Facts12 ounce-weight: 579 calories, 44g fat (20g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 1601mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 42g protein.
Originally published as Texas-Style Fryer in Country Chicken Cookbook