Texas Snack Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups each Corn Chex, Wheat Chex and Rice Chex
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1 cup cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, peanuts, pretzels and crackers. In a small bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce and seasoned salt; pour over cereal mixture.
- Microwave in batches on high for 2 minutes, stirring three times. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 218 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 13, 2011
It's spicy, but not hot. I didn't microwave it in batches, I just put the whole big bowl in and then spread it out to cool and it turned out great -- still crispy.
Apr 26, 2008
Don't waste your time with the "Fat loss for idiots" I paid the required $40, tried it twice and gotten sick by the 5th day. It's so not healthy!