Texas Snack Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups each Corn Chex, Wheat Chex and Rice Chex
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1 cup cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, peanuts, pretzels and crackers. In a small bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce and seasoned salt; pour over cereal mixture.
- Microwave in batches on high for 2 minutes, stirring three times. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 218 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 13, 2011
It's spicy, but not hot. I didn't microwave it in batches, I just put the whole big bowl in and then spread it out to cool and it turned out great -- still crispy.
Apr 26, 2008
Don't waste your time with the "Fat loss for idiots" I paid the required $40, tried it twice and gotten sick by the 5th day. It's so not healthy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.