I'll prepare this recipe when my family has a taste for Southwestern cooking. It's a good way to use leftover chicken and nice when dinner has to be done in a hurry.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in chicken, chilies and mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine soup, sour cream and hot pepper sauce; add to pan. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese in the bottom of pie shell; add chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 332 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Texas Pie in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.