Texas Lemon Shrimp
This main dish adds spice to any meal. My family loves this simple yet elegant main dish.—Amy Parsons, League City, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the water, lemon juice, garlic, Cajun seasoning, lemon peel and salt. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into shrimp mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired.