Texas Citrus Salad
Light and refreshing, this mixed citrus salad is perfect to serve at barbecues and cookouts. The dressing makes it glisten with goodness.—Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup orange sections
- 1 cup grapefruit sections
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, romaine, orange, grapefruit, green pepper, water chestnuts and onion. Pour vinaigrette over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 101 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Deliciouso Citrus Salad in Country Woman December/January 2012