I love to cook, but meals at my house have to be ready in a hurry because we're always on the go. I found this recipe in a magazine almost 30 years ago.
Recommended: 17 Chili Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, chili powder, oregano, salt if desired, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chili con Carne in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p123
Reviews forTexas Chili con Carne
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2012
"Good chili - enough kick - but not too much. Good flavor! I don't like kidney beans and the pinto beans are perfect. I did not add as much onion - but added everything else. Very good!"