Texas Caviar Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peas, peppers, onions, parsley, pimientos and garlic. Pour salad dressing over pea mixture; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1/2 cup: 77 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Texas Caviar
"Great version of cowboy caviar! I definitely left out the pimientos though, since I'm not a big fan. Very easy recipe and perfect to bring for the appetizer table at a gathering!"
"This is one of our family favorites. I'm always asked to bring it to our big family gatherings. I have to triple the recipe and we still run out quickly. Yummy!"
"Super easy!! I just have to remember to go and look for pimentos with the vegetables and not with the pickles & olives. I think it might also be good with some avocado chunks in it also. But all in all a very YUMMY recipe!!"
"my husband has made this for snack at work and everyone loves it. We use whole olives as pimentos are hard to find. Also we add chickpeas!"