Texas Black Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes or Mexican stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 -10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 91 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Texas Black Bean Soup
"I'll be making this soup often, it's that good. I had to sub one can of fire roasted tomatoes and pinto beans because that's what I had on hand. Still delicious."
"I've made this so many times I know it by heart! It's my go-to when I'm craving tex-mex flavors, and a cup is only 2 smartpoints on Weight Watchers 2016 program. Love it!"
"easy, and warms you up on a cold day."
"Loved this soup. I made it on the stove and it was ready in 30 mins. I cut the ingredients in half for 5 servings instead of 10. Next time I will double up on the black beans."
"Did not use garlic. Too much chili powder for me. Did not use green onions but regular"