Tex-Mex Turkey Burgers
Flavored with taco seasoning and cilantro and topped with salsa and sour cream, these Southwestern turkey burgers are so good. I round out the menu with roasted corn on the cob and deep fried pita pieces topped with cinnamon. –Nancy Bourget, Round Rock, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro flakes
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, taco seasoning and cilantro; shape into four patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle cheese over burgers; grill 2-3 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Combine sour cream and salsa. Serve burgers on buns with sour cream mixture and lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 584 calories, 34g fat (13g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 1233mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Taco Turkey Burgers in Quick Cooking January/February 2006
Apr 26, 2011
I thought this was OK but not great. I did however make it with ground beef instead of turkey since I don't like it, so maybe it would be better for ground turkey lovers.