- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons dried minced chives
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR TEX-MEX DIP:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Corn chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR TEX-MEX CHICKEN:
- 7 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: about 6 tablespoons.
- To prepare dip: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and 4-1/2 teaspoons seasoning mix. Serve with corn chips. Yield: about 1 cup.
- To prepare chicken: Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the process cheese, sour cream and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted. Add the chicken, beans, tomatoes and 2 tablespoons seasoning mix; heat through.
- Drain noodles; add to sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forTex-Mex Seasoning Mix
"You probably could make this with cheddar cheese if you make the cheddar cheese into a cheese sauce first."
"can you make this without the processed cheese? Use regular mild cheddar?"