- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Add pork chops; cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Combine the salsa, chilies, cumin and pepper; pour over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTex-Mex Pork Chops
"I really enjoyed this meal. I've made it 3 times now and it just gets better each time I make it."
"Yum! Can't complain about this one!~ Theresa"
"(Thanks for saying something was missing before i made this) I added a can of low-sodium diced tomatoes and only used 3 bone-out pork chops (about 10 oz. total)I recommend cooking the pork chops and onion at the same time and not allowing the onion to tenderize before putting in the chops.Also, in combining the salsa, chilies step, along with the can of diced tomatos, I added a package of store-bought cajun rice. (following the package instructions)It made this dish a meal!Delicious and I would recomment to anyone."