This specially seasoned meat loaf tastes just like a taco. The recipe was given to me by a friend who was a terrific cook. I usually pair it with my best homemade corn bread. - Kathleen Lerum, Arlington, Texas
Recommended: 40 Tex-Mex Recipes Bursting With Southwestern Flavor
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of tomato sauce, chips, onion, green pepper and taco seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until the meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Heat the remaining tomato sauce. Slice meat loaf; top with tomato sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p52
Reviews forTex-Mex Meat Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2017
"Excellent taste, my husband loved it. I added 1 Tbs. chopped chile peppers because he likes spicy foods. This recipe is a keeper -- easy, fast and delicious!"