Tex-Mex Meat Loaf
This specially seasoned meat loaf tastes just like a taco. The recipe was given to me by a friend who was a terrific cook. I usually pair it with my best homemade corn bread. - Kathleen Lerum, Arlington, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of tomato sauce, chips, onion, green pepper and taco seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until the meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Heat the remaining tomato sauce. Slice meat loaf; top with tomato sauce.
Put leftover slices of Tex-Mex Meat Loaf on flour tortillas; top with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce or any other taco toppings. Roll up and dip in salsa or sour cream.