Every biteful of this egg dish is loaded with crusty bread, hearty sausage, rich cheeses and outstanding flavor! Whenever I make this, the men ask for seconds and the women ask for the recipe.
Recommended: 68 Slow Cooker Recipes to Warm Your Winter
- 10 slices English muffin toasting bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup salsa
- Place half the bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set remaining bread aside. In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in chilies.
- Spoon half of the sausage mixture over bread; to with half of each cheese. Repeat layers of bread sausage mixture and cheese.
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in milk and salsa. Pour over cheese; cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Eggs in Country Pork 1996, p90
Reviews for Tex-Mex Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review