Every biteful of this egg dish is loaded with crusty bread, hearty sausage, rich cheeses and outstanding flavor! Whenever I make this, the men ask for seconds and the women ask for the recipe.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min.
- 10 slices English muffin toasting bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup salsa
- Place half the bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set remaining bread aside. In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in chilies.
- Spoon half of the sausage mixture over bread; to with half of each cheese. Repeat layers of bread sausage mixture and cheese.
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in milk and salsa. Pour over cheese; cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Eggs in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.