Tex-Mex Corn on the Cob
It's a snap to add zippy flavor to fresh corn on the cob. The tender ears get a summery treatment when seasoned with chili powder, cilantro and lime. —Helen Jacobs of Eules, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 small ears fresh corn on the cob (about 6 inches)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- Place corn in a Dutch oven or kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cilantro, chili powder, lime zest, salt, cumin and garlic powder. Drain the corn. Spritz with butter-flavored spray; brush or pat seasoning over corn.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 85 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
May 28, 2015
Compound butters are a great way to add extra flavor to a dish. This Tex-Mex inspired butter adds a nice spice to the sweetness of the corn. I added the herbs, spices, and lime to softened butter instead of using the butter spray.