- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese and minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil in batches. Add garlic to the pan; cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Garnish each serving with cheese and cilantro. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/3 cups each).
Reviews forTex-Mex Chili
"Made this for a food day at the school where I teach, evidently everyone loved it! I eat last lunch, so I didn't even get any! :( Will definitely have to make again so I get some!"
"I loved it. My husband said it is like a meal on its own.really really good."
"I love the real meat in this recipe! Much heartier than ground beef."
"Very easy and taste great"
"The best.. Making it for my son wrestling chili cook off.."
"LOved it and very simple to make"