- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a large stockpot, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the next 11 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with cheese and tortilla chips. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews forTex-Mex Chicken Soup
"FANTASTIC! Made this yesterday as its getting cold in Upstate NY! Followed the recipe exactly with only one change, rather than ground meat, used sliced fully cooked Polish turkey sausage as I had it on hand. This soup is so easy and versatile, as you can add what ever veggies you like. This is a keeper in my recipe box & look forward to making it over & over!Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful recipe with us all."
"Made this for the second time tonight. So delicious. Doubled the broth because It needed more so added more spices as well. Served with avocado and olives for garnish as well as chips and cheese. Family absolutely loved it!"
"Tasted great and easy to make."