For a supper appetizer at your next party, try this delicious recipe. This warm dip will delight all your guests.—Helen Suter, Golconda, Illinois
Recommended: 40 Tex-Mex Recipes Bursting With Southwestern Flavor
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 bunch green onions (6 onions), chopped, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips
- Set aside 1 tablespoon chopped green onions for garnish. In fondue pot or chaffing dish, combine the beans, sour cream, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, chilies, taco seasoning and remaining green onions.
- Heat and stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with reserved onions. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: 40 appetizer servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Bean Dip in Country Woman May/June 1990, p35