This traditional swing on a turkey sandwich is complimented by stone ground mustard and sweet cranberry sauce. For an added crunch, I've added celery.
Recommended: 26 Ways to Eat Asparagus This Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 rye or wheat sandwich roll, split
- 2 ounces Gouda cheese, sliced
- 1 teaspoon jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 slices deli turkey
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced celery
- Spread mustard on roll bottom. Layer with cheese, cranberry sauce, turkey and celery. Replace roll top. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Terrific Turkey Club in Taste of Home August/September 2011, p50