Terrific Turkey Chili
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes6 servings (about 2 quarts)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the turkey, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 315 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 706mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 11g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.
Apr 16, 2015
Easy to make and hearty!
Feb 17, 2015
This is the tastiest turkey chili I have ever made. I followed the recipe exactly and found it to be very good for most tastes. I prefer just a little more heat so added a shake or two of cayenne. It is thick and hearty. My husband even loved it and that is saying a lot as he really prefers "meat and potatoes" type of meals.
Nov 4, 2014
Very good recipe for chili...i used ground. Round.
Nov 2, 2014
Great taste, easy. I would have liked additional beans and/or turkey.
Sep 23, 2012
I used ground beef, added celery, and only used 3oz of paste. This is the best chilli I've ever tasted!
Jan 7, 2012
I cooked this recipe in the crock pot and it was outstanding.
Oct 26, 2011
This chili really is terrific. It's hearty, thick and delicious. It reheats nicely too from the freezer. Thanks for an excellent chili recipe!
Mar 5, 2011
It is the best tasting Chili recipe I ever tried and so easy!! Thanks so much for all your recipes..they are the best
Dec 4, 2010
Delicious! It's a thick chili, so if you like it more like soup than a stew, add more liquid. I didn't have onion on hand so I added 1 TBS of onion powder. I used 1 TBS of agave nectar instead of sugar, 1/4 tsp cayenne instead of black pepper, and only 1 tsp of chili powder - for a more mild spicy flavor.
Jan 30, 2010
Extremely easy to make. Calorie wise as well. Husband and I thought it was very tasty. Lots of fiber as well!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.