I spend the week before Christmas baking a selection fo cakes, cookies and other goodies for friends and family. These candies coudn't be easier. — Amy Short, Lesage, West Virginia
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candy, unsweetened shredded coconut or ground nuts
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Add chocolate and vanilla to cream cheese mixture; beat until blended. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in crushed peppermint, coconut or nuts. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 filled pita half: 64 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Easy Truffles in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005