I spend the week before Christmas baking a selection fo cakes, cookies and other goodies for friends and family. These candies coudn't be easier. — Amy Short, Lesage, West Virginia
Recommended: 9 Football-Shaped Foods for Your Game Day Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candy, flaked coconut or ground nuts
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; mix well. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Add chocolate and vanilla to cream cheese mixture; beat until blended. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in crushed peppermint, coconut or nuts. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Terrific Truffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p72
Reviews forTerrific Truffles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2010
"way too sweet....maybe use less confectioners sugar....3 cups is a lot!"