- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 pound sliced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 pound sliced Genoa Salami
- 1/4 pound sliced Jones Canadian Bacon
- 1/4 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Tomato slices, optional
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. Combine mayonnaise and Italian dressing until smooth; spread on cut sides of bread. On bottom half, layer ham, salami, bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes if desired; replace top half. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTerrific Sub Sandwich
"This is a very good, simple sub recipe. The dressing is very good and goes well with the meats. I usually use provolone cheese. quick to put together and delicious. Great to make ahead and take along on picnics and day trips."