Teriyaki Veggie Wraps
Asian flavors and Mexican cheese come together for a delicious mix of ethnic tastes in these saucy wraps. They'd be perfect as a snack or a light meal for two. —Joan Mazzeo, Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in teriyaki sauce; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Spoon vegetable mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese; roll up tightly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 271 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 833mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Teriyaki Veggie Wrap in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008