Teriyaki Turkey Tossed Salad
“This tasty, colorful salad is great to serve for lunch,” writes Mary Wilhelm. The Sparta, Wisconsin reader adds, “With a whole wheat roll and frozen yogurt for dessert, you have the perfect meal!”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add peas. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, turkey, red pepper, almonds, onions and peas. In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, teriyaki sauce, honey and pepper flakes. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 240 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 1073mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Teriyaki Turkey Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2007