“This tasty, colorful salad is great to serve for lunch,” writes Mary Wilhelm. The Sparta, Wisconsin reader adds, “With a whole wheat roll and frozen yogurt for dessert, you have the perfect meal!”
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add peas. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, turkey, red pepper, almonds, onions and peas. In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, teriyaki sauce, honey and pepper flakes. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Turkey Tossed Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p29