We raised turkeys, so I'm always on the lookout for tasty recipes. These meatballs are great hors d'oeurves or as a main dish over noodles or rice.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- Dash ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, celery, onion, ginger, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-18 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- For sauce, in a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, ginger and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, sherry or additional broth and juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add meatballs and cook until heated through. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p173
Reviews forTeriyaki Turkey Meatballs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2010
"Sauce was too salty"