- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen peas and pearl onions
- Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and garlic. Pour half of the marinade over steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, transfer reserved marinade to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely cooked, remove to plate. Chop eggs into small pieces; set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry rice in remaining butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the peas, onions and remaining soy sauce.
- Add eggs; cook and stir until heated through. Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve over rice. Drizzle with sauce mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTeriyaki Steak
"This was very good. I left out the peas, only adding pearl onions to the rice."
"Very good flavor. Used brown rice and fresh grated ginger (doubled the amount). Froze left overs"
"I am going to try this and know I will love it... Thanks"
"Very good flavor!"
"This was so delicious. Will definitely make this again!"
"One of my hubby's favorite meals"
"oops forgot the 5 stars..."
"This is so delish!! Do make exra sauce, it's so good!"
"This is such a good recipe! I make it all the time!!"
"I feel a little bad to review this recipe because I didn't follow the instructions exactly. Instead of marinating it I cooked the steaks in the sauce in the crockpot for a few hours. However, the sauce just didn't taste good to me. Way too much balsamic vinegar flavor for me, not enough sweet. Not sure if it's because of the way I cooked it or not, but don't crock pot it. That's my advice"