- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound), skin removed and cubed
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 6 teaspoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 1 red onion slice, separated into rings
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place salmon in a food processor. Add bread crumbs; cover and process until blended. Shape into four patties; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes. Turn and grill or broil 3-5 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°.
- Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise on each bun. Serve patties on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion.
1 each: 383 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.