Teriyaki-Portobello Pork Loin
My family loves my teriyaki pork roast and begs for more! The slow cooker does most of the work, and when I get home from school the whole house smells wonderful. Since I serve it with instant rice and frozen vegetables, I'm only five minutes from sitting down to a home cooked meal.—Lori Harris, Montgomery City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 envelope (3/4 ounce) mushroom gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut roast in half. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and steak seasoning. Add pork, one portion at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown roast in 1 tablespoon oil on all sides. Transfer meat and drippings to a 4-qt slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until tender; add to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, teriyaki sauce and gravy mix; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and rice.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup gravy (calculated without rice): 308 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 852mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooked Teriyaki Pork Loin in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.