- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the first five ingredients; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown drumsticks in batches. Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Meanwhile, combine pineapple, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; pour over chicken. Cover; bake until tender, about 1-1/2 to 2 hours, uncovering during the last 20-30 minutes of baking to let skin crisp.
- Remove drumsticks to a platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with drumsticks. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTeriyaki Pineapple Drumsticks
"My husband can't stop raving about these! He loved the flavor and the meat was almost falling of the bone, they were so tender. I am a vegetarian so I halved the recipe but he told me next time to make them all! The cook time is a little longer then some dinner dishes but this worked perfect for a Sunday afternoon in the kitchen."
"Flavor was fantastic and the texture was perfect. On a cold day, it was awesome to have an excuse to have the oven on all afternoon. I added sliced,fresh pineapple to theroasting pan when i uncovered it. Yum!"