- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the first five ingredients; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown drumsticks in batches. Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Meanwhile, combine pineapple, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; pour over chicken. Cover; bake until tender, about 1-1/2 to 2 hours, uncovering during the last 20-30 minutes of baking to let skin crisp.
- Remove drumsticks to a platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with drumsticks. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTeriyaki Pineapple Drumsticks
"where is the teriyaki????"
"My husband can't stop raving about these! He loved the flavor and the meat was almost falling of the bone, they were so tender. I am a vegetarian so I halved the recipe but he told me next time to make them all! The cook time is a little longer then some dinner dishes but this worked perfect for a Sunday afternoon in the kitchen."
"Flavor was fantastic and the texture was perfect. On a cold day, it was awesome to have an excuse to have the oven on all afternoon. I added sliced,fresh pineapple to theroasting pan when i uncovered it. Yum!"