Teriyaki Glazed Pork & Vegetable Kabobs
Here’s a delicious, festive and fun-to-eat entree. Cook the unused Asian-style marinade down into a yummy sauce and serve it alongside the kabobs for dipping.—Jane McMillan, Dania Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 5 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 pork tenderloin (1 pound each), cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 4 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate pork and remaining marinade, covered, 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil; cook 8-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Reserve for serving.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade in bag. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork, pineapple and vegetables. Brush kabobs with oil.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until pork and zucchini are tender, turning occasionally. Remove from grill. Brush kabobs with some of the glaze; serve with remaining glaze.
Originally published as Kabobs With Fresh Pineapple and Asian Inspired Marinade and Basting Sauce. in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.