Teriyaki Glazed Pork & Vegetable Kabobs
Here’s a delicious, pretty and fun-to-eat entree. Be sure to cook down the reserved Asian-style marinade and serve it alongside the kabobs for dipping—it’s yummy. —Jane McMillan, Dania Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 5 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 pork tenderloin (1 pound each), cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 4 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- In a bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large bowl and add pork; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate both the pork and the remaining marinade for 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil; cook 8-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Reserve for serving.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade in bag. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork, pineapple and vegetables. Brush kabobs with oil.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until pork and zucchini are tender, turning occasionally. Remove from grill. Brush kabobs with some of the glaze; serve with remaining glaze.