Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
After trying a similar sandwich in Hawaii, I was inspired to create my own. My sister-in-law contributed the marinade and together we came up with this hearty version.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 hard rolls or croissants
- 1 cup finely shredded lettuce
- 8 tomato slices
- 4 green pepper rings
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, optional
- 1. Combine the first six ingredients in a blender; process for 30 seconds. Reserve 1/4 cup. Pour remaining sauce into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and refrigerate overnight. Drain, discarding marinade. Broil chicken 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear. On bottom half of each roll or croissant, layer lettuce, tomatoes, chicken and green pepper. Drizzle with reserved sauce; spread with mayonnaise if desired. Top with other half of roll or croissant. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: Chicken may be grilled, covered, over low coals for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear.
Reviews for Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC