Teriyaki Butterfly Pork Chops
My grandmother taught me how to cook years ago. All of my friends rave over this dish and its hot sweet flavor.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, wine or broth, oil, cilantro, garlic and red pepper flakes. Pour 1/3 cup into a resealable plastic bag; cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for sauce. Add chops to the bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chops.
Originally published as Teriyaki Butterfly Pork Chops in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.