Teriyaki Burgers with Water Chestnuts
With water chestnuts, these patties have a fun crunch. Top them with additional teriyaki sauce for a flavorful alternative to ketchup—Barb Schutz, Pandora, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 7 hamburger buns, split
- 14 tomato slices
- 7 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the water chestnuts, teriyaki sauce, onions, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix just until combined. Shape into seven 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Prepare the grill for indirect heat. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with tomato and lettuce.