Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry for 2
Hearty appetites will appreciate this satisfying stir-fry from Julie Rea of Battle Ground, Washington. It features savory strips of marinated beef and plenty of crisp-tender peppers and onions.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 10 ounces boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, teriyaki sauce and 2 tablespoons oil until smooth. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry green pepper and onions in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain beef; add to pan. Add remaining marinade; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Return vegetables to the pan; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 378 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007