- 1 jar (8 ounces) Dijon mustard, divided
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled, divided
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns, coarsely crushed, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (4 to 5 pounds) , halved
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a blender, combine half of the mustard, eight garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon peppercorns; cover and process for 1 minute, scraping sides occasionally. Add 1 tablespoon oil; process until a paste forms. Spread over beef.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Brown beef, one piece at a time, on all sides. Place in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-45 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well done, 170°). Remove to a warm serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince remaining garlic. In a saucepan, combine garlic, whipping cream, sour cream and remaining mustard and peppercorns. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Slice beef; serve with the sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTenderloin with Creamy Garlic Sauce
"My mom made this creamy garlic sauce with a rib roast for Christmas. Very Very good. It is a rich sauce so we will use for special occasions. Thank you for the recipe."
"We served this for Christmas and it was a big hit. We cooked it early to medium rare and put it in a chafing dish where it continued to cook all of the meat to well done. Next time we either wouldn't cook it as early or we would only fry it before putting in the chafing dish."
"This is a keeper! easy to prepare, feeds a crowd, came out very juicy. I wouldn't put alot of sauce on the meat because it can be very overpowering and take away from the meat. Loved the sauce though.."