Tender Turkey Burgers
"These juicy, tender patties on whole wheat buns make a wholesome, satisfying sandwich," relates field editor Sherry Hulsman of Louisville, Kentucky. "We especially like to grill them."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- Whole wheat hamburger buns, split, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Pan-fry, grill or broil until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 163 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Tender Turkey Burgers in Taste of Home February/March 1998
Sep 23, 2010
These are delicious! I used ground up seasoned croutons in place of the bread crumbs, and garlic salt instead of plain salt. I would take these over beef hamburgers anyday!Debbie Mansur