- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 to 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strip
- Make a lengthwise slit about three-fourths of the way through tenderloin; open tenderloin so it lies flat. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add bread crumbs; saute until crumbs are golden brown. Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, sage, rosemary, salt, pepper and enough egg to moisten the ingredients.
- Spread stuffing on one long side of tenderloin to within 1/4 in. of edges. Close meat and place bacon on top; tie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forTender Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
"Instead of using the stuffing ingredients, I just microwave a box of premade stuffing. It's a lot faster and just as good!"