Tender Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- Celery salt, garlic powder and pepper to taste
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin to within 3/4 in. of bottom; open tenderloin so it lies flat. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with celery salt, garlic powder and pepper. Layer with cheese, spinach and ham; press down gently. Roll up, starting with a long side; secure with string. Sprinkle with additional celery salt, garlic powder and pepper. Place in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° until meat reaches desired oneness, about 35-40 minutes for medium (140°). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2014
I have made this for years. It is a OFTEN requested menu item, for all occasions. I mainly use a venison loin and adjust proportions of other ingredients to the size of the loin used. "Try it, you'll like it"!
Jan 31, 2011
This was really good. The combination of cheese, spinach and ham with beef was fantastic. I don't cook well or often but my family loved this recipe. I will definitely make it again!