Tender Spiced Pork Chops Recipe
This is one of my favorite creations that I'm happy to share with you. These pork chops cooked in cider are so tender you can cut them with a fork.—Jim Wick, Orlando, Florida
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Hot buttered noodles, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, mustard, pepper and allspice; dredge pork chops, reserving remaining flour mixture.
- 2. In a skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove to a 2-qt. baking dish. To the drippings, add cider, brown sugar and remaining flour mixture; cook and stir until bubbly. Arrange apples and raisins around chops; sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour cider mixture over all.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. If desired, combine noodles and caraway; serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 379 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Tender Spiced Pork Chops
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC