Tender Roasted Potatoes
“I made this effortless recipe for my uncle, who lives for mashed potatoes. I worried he wouldn’t like this variation, but he couldn’t stop raving about it!” Susan Burk - Saginaw, MI
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil. Place potatoes on two greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the horseradish, mustard and butter. Spoon over potatoes and toss to coat. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 157 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Roasted Potatoes with Horseradish and Mustard in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.