As a mother of five, I'm busy to say the least, so fast yet flavorful dishes like this are a real plus for me. The creamy sauce makes these sandwiches simply delicious.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 lean boneless pork cutlets (1-1/2 pounds and 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow or Dijon mustard
- 6 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 tomato slices
- Sprinkle pork with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, melt butter; cook pork for about 2 minutes on each side or until browned and no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard; spread on inside of buns. Layer pork, lettuce and tomatoes on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tender Pork Sandwiches in Country Pork 1996, p22