Tender Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Top with pork chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
Freeze option: Cool pork chop mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 303 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 763mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 27, 2015
Very good and super tender. I left out the mushrooms and used about 3/4 c water to have more sauce. I served it with angel hair pasta and garlic bread.
Jun 9, 2012
Delicious and tender!!! Very Quick and Easy!
May 11, 2010
I thought this had a great flavor and the pork really was tender. I did think that spaghetti sauce mix was a bit over powering, but still delicious. Who doesn't love a good crockpot meal!
Mar 9, 2009
This recipe is so good! My husband and son really enjoyed it. I also made this using boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of the pork chops - turned out great!