“Not only is it easy to use my slow cooker, but the results are fabulous,” notes Bonnie Marlow of Ottoville, Ohio. “Meat cooked this way is always so tender and juicy. These pork chops in a thick tomato sauce turn out great.”
Recommended: 40 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Top with pork chops.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
Freeze option: Cool pork chop mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tender Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p53
Reviews forTender Pork Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review