Tender Pecan Logs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add the flour, beating on low speed just until combined. Stir in pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape 1/2 cupfuls into 1/2-in.-thick logs. Cut logs into 2-in. pieces. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 117 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 30, 2013
Love these, will make for Christmas as gift for friends
Jun 2, 2013
Love these cookies, will make for my Xmas cookies
Jan 8, 2011
I roll the warm cookies in a sugar/cinnamon mixture instead of powdered sugar.
Dec 22, 2010
This is the recipe I've been looking for. It's simple & tastes divine. The cookie just melts in my mouth. Yum!
Dec 7, 2010
Very similar to pecan crescents that I make. These are easier to just roll and cut rather than shape into a crescent. Excellent taste and the kids can help roll and cut.
Jan 2, 2010
This recipe is very good and easy. It taste very close to a Mexican wedding cookie. It is shaped like a log and not a circle. But you could make them round! They are easy and good and I recommend it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.