Tender Lemon Rolls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup lemon curd
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, lemon zest and salt. In a small saucepan, heat sour cream, butter and water to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spread lemon curd to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Brush rolls with beaten egg and sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 16, 2014
Mizzzliza, would love to have your recipe for cinnabon cinnamon rolls. Love those things!!
Apr 16, 2014
Has anybody tried making the dough in a bread machine? I make my cinnabon cinnamon rolls in the bread machine and it's so easy.
Apr 15, 2014
Does anyone have a good lemon curd recipe?
Mar 8, 2012
I have made these several times and they are delicious. The quality of the lemon curd is the main detail to note. The lighter the curd, the better!
Mar 7, 2012
Surprisingly easy ! Bursting with lemon flavor and perfect for Spring !