- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup lemon curd
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sour cream, sugar, butter, eggs, lemon peel, salt and 2-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Roll into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread lemon curd to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with walnuts if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the icing ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forTender Lemon Rolls
"Mizzzliza, would love to have your recipe for cinnabon cinnamon rolls. Love those things!!"
"Does anyone have a good lemon curd recipe?"
"I have made these several times and they are delicious. The quality of the lemon curd is the main detail to note. The lighter the curd, the better!"
"Surprisingly easy ! Bursting with lemon flavor and perfect for Spring !"