- 1 tablespoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 turkey-size oven roasting bag
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pat turkey dry; brush with oil. Sprinkle herb mixture over skin of turkey. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together.
- Place flour in oven bag and shake to coat. Place the bag in a roasting pan; add celery and onion. Place turkey, breast side up, over vegetables. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close bag with tie provided.
- Bake at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Remove turkey to a serving platter and keep warm. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. If desired, thicken pan drippings for gravy. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews forTender Herb-Roasted Turkey
"In response to mchelle_99 --Flour is added to an oven bag to prevent it bursting."
"Why do you place flour in an oven bag? i'm assuming that the turkey needs to go in the bag as well"